Wednesday, March 12, 2014

244 Secs


I readily admit that I greatly admire the work of Ivan Maigua. I know that my work is a far cry from his artistry, but that doesn't take away the joy of shooting and editing long exposures. This is how I use the Big Stopper. Below you can have a look at my Lightroom prepared raw file and further down the page my Photoshop layer's palette with explanations.



Took down the magentas - still to much magenta in the rocks
Took down the red channel - too much red in the rocks

Sharpening - High Pass 9.0 - Soft Light (see tutorial on Vibrantshot.com)
Sharpening - High Pass 0.9 - Vivid Light

Levels 1: the rocks were too dark - black mask
Increased the contrast to increase the saturation and the pop

Selective color for the whites
Tonal Contrast and Pro Contrast

Selective color 1: adjusted several of the colors.

Took the image through Lab Colors. See tutorial on Vibrantshot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment