Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Red Cabin


I simply love my Rokinon 14mm lens. Just look what it can do: outstanding colors, no vignetting in the corners and superb sharpness even though this is f2.8.....Have to admit I forgot to readjust the aperture after focusing for the red cabin...hrm...I focus, btw, in live view using the magnifier - wearing my glasses of course, or else everything is completely blurred. It is actually a small crisis if I go out shooting forgetting my glasses.

The forecast predicted that it would be cloudy again during the afternoon, but since the sun still was shining around 3pm I headed out anyway hoping for some good light and great colors when the sun set. However, today the forecasters were right. But, I was able to shoot some frames that came out very nice in my eyes before the clouds took over the show. I know I have shot this scene many times before, but a good thing is worth repeating, right?

5 frames from about -2 to +2 taken through Photoshop's Hdr Pro. The resulting 32 bit tiff file is edited in Lightroom. Three filters are added in Color Efex Pro: Tonal contrast, details extractor and pro contrast.


No comments:

Post a Comment