Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pinky



Pinky is a cutie. She perhaps doesn't have a very exciting foreground, but, my oh my, what a lovely sky she has. She was captured approximately a week ago. Unfortunately for her she has some brothers and sisters who were captured on the same day and who looked far more promising as raw files, so I edited them first. They are still waiting in my archives to be published. So, in that regard Pinky beat them. She didn't look very promising as a raw file. I have to admit that, and she even admits it herself. An honest young lady, in other words.

She is edited in Lightroom and given some extra effects in Color Efex Pro (tonal contrast, Pro Contrast and Details Extractor). There are a host of gradients and radials in the image. Bet you cannot spot where I have used them ;) I didn't have the energy last evening to take her through Photoshop. I am still a bit under the weather due to Mycoplasma (a sort of pneumonia). However, Lightroom offers a host of creative tools and I had a great time processing the image.

One single exposure balanced with a Lee 0.9 soft. 20mm f11 Iso 100 1/8 sec

No comments:

Post a Comment