Saturday, March 1, 2014

Viking Longhouse


The copy was finished during the spring of 2005. It is a strong and beautiful building. I have long wanted to capture it against a nice sunset, but nice sunsets have been few the last months. However, this afternoon a couple of weeks ago it cleared sufficiently to create and capture something decent - in my eyes anyway. I opted for a long exposure - with the Big Stopper in place it lasted 180 secs. The image is chiefly edited in Photoshop and I was able to make a mask or selection that separated the sky from the ground. That made it possible to edit sky and ground separately - something that considerably enhances my creative freedom. The selection was made using a channel based selection - and I also used channel based selections to for instance accentuate the icy foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment