Monday, March 3, 2014

Aklangen


Aklangen is another beautiful recreation area in our district. It comprises three lakes in various sizes of which, as far as I know, this one is the largest. The image is captured in late September. I was further down the lake (on the left side seen from here) trying to find some compositions that would work. Then, in just a couple of minutes the light suddenly changed. It was almost ethereal in quality. I ran to my car and drove the few hundred meters, and hurried to set up my tripod and camera. I shot three bracketed series of which this is one of them. Here the stand is a tad higher than the image I have called "Warped Boat".

This is a re-edit of the original three bracketed exposures. They are taken through Photoshop's Hdr Pro and the resulting 32 bit tiff file is edited in Lightroom. Gradients are used to bring out the sky. The radial tool has been employed frequently to dodge, burn, saturation, vignetting etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment