Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Long Run


The 8th of January I was down by lake Tyrifjorden testing out my new Rokinon 14mm lens shooting in very sharp and not favorable light - not a cloud in sight. When the sun disappeared behind a low hill I headed for the car. It was then I saw a formation of clouds heading towards this lake, so I ran to the car and drove the fastest I could to the parking lot. Since the lake is a freshwater reservoir it is not allowed driving all the way to it, so again I found myself running. 700 meters later and breathing heavily I set up my tripod and began shooting. The light was dwindling so fast that long exposures were out of the question. I could perhaps have shot bracketed shots, but for some reason I opted for my Lee 0.9 soft filter to balance the scene.

I think I edited this image 6 or seven times before it came out right. I even took it through Lab Colors in Ps in the hope of getting the colors right, but in this instance to no avail.

Iso 100 - 17mm - 1 sec - f16

No comments:

Post a Comment